SLT careers meeting
A flexible PowerPoint presentation and handout to help secure the support of the SLT (and governors) for parental engagement activities.
This editable presentation and handout can be used when meeting with the SLT and governors, to assist in planning how to engage parents in your existing careers and education provision. It includes an overview of recent research in the field of parental engagement to help demonstrate the case for focusing resource in this area and provides recommendations for best practice. The handout can be used to introduce the topic to SLTquickly via email or in a shorter initial meeting.
- To (re)introduce the senior leadership team (and governors) to the importance of parental engagement around careers.
- To help Careers Leaders get buy-in for a new approach to parental engagement in careers.
- To ensure careers is integrated into the school/college’s existing parental engagement strategy.
- To ensure Careers Leaders have support to deliver the Talking Futures activities, communicate with parents and promote the resources.
This activity supports the following recommendations for good parental engagement:
- Involve the senior leadership team
- 60 minutes